2020 Annual Conference
September 11-12 | October 16-17 | November 13-14
BCDC 2020 Update
In view of the ongoing challenges presented by COVID-19, the plans for this fall’s Biblical Counseling and Discipleship Conference have undergone some changes:
- For those who do not wish to attend in person, we are planning to provide a virtual option for all three tracks. For Track 1, this still will satisfy the training requirement of Phase I of ACBC Certification. We will include opportunities for participants to interact remotely with lecturers each weekend. The cost for the virtual option will be $25 lower than the cost for attending in-person.
- Because of the uncertainty of the present circumstances, we will implement a policy of full refunds and registration changes at any time.
- For the same reason, we will delay and limit our rate increases: “Early Bird Rate” will last through July 15, and “Regular Rate” will last all the way through last-minute registrations.
- In an effort to ensure flexibility and safety, we will mostly limit the food and beverage offerings for this conference to pre-packaged goods.
- We will be tracking requirements and recommendations from the various levels of government leading up to our conference dates, and will provide further information and updates via email and our conference website as applicable.
Click below to register for any of our 3 teaching tracks.
Check back in coming months for information about lodging options.
For more information call our office at 817-738-8456.
Join us for an opportunity to deepen your walk with Christ as you’re trained and equipped to disciple and counsel others!
At the 2020 annual conference you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Grow in your own walk with Jesus Christ by studying and applying His Word for life change and growth
- Be trained and equipped to disciple and counsel others using the Scriptures
- Refine your skills for ministry in the local church
- Attend a conference that fulfills the training required for Phase I of ACBC certification
This introductory track is designed to train you in the basics of biblical counseling.
- Theology of Biblical Counseling
- The Biblical Process of Change
- Key Elements of Counseling
- Comparison of Counseling Models
- Marriage (roles, communication, intimacy)
- Life Topics (depression, anger, worry, trials)
- Medical Issues in Biblical Counseling
Track 1 can be used to satisfy the training requirement of Phase I of ACBC Certification
ACBC Exam Prep
This track is designed to prepare you to complete the ACBC exams. Each counseling topic and biblical doctrine relevant to the exams will be taught, explained, and discussed. The track will also include helpful hints, tips, and resources for successfully completing the ACBC exams.
Advanced Topics in Biblical Counseling
This track, designed for those who have already taken a basic course in biblical counseling, provides training for counseling more challenging life issues, such as abuse, crisis counseling, addictions, blended families, and sexual sin. It included both lesson presentation and case studies.
Special Guest Speaker:
Dr. Kevin Carson
Kevin Carson is the Pastor of the Sonrise Baptist Church in Ozark, Missouri (www.sonrisebaptist.com). In addition to his pastoral ministry, he serves as the department chair of biblical counseling at the Baptist Bible College and Theological Seminary in Springfield, Missouri (www.gobbc.edu). He also serves as a counselor at Sonrise Biblical Counseling Ministry, is ACBC Certified, IABC Certified, a council member of the Biblical Counseling Coalition, author, and is a frequent speaker at conferences, retreats and seminars. He and his wife, Kelly, have four children.
Special Guest Speaker:
Dr. Stephen Yuille
Dr. Yuille is married to Alison. They have two daughters, Laura and Emma. They reside in Cambridge, Ontario, where Dr. Yuille serves as the Vice President of Academics at Heritage College & Seminary. He also serves as the Associate Professor of Biblical Spirituality at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, KY. He is the author of several books including, Great Spoil: Thomas Manton’s Spirituality of the Word, The Path of Life: Blessedness in Seasons of Lament, Longing for Home: A Journey Through the Psalms of Ascent.
Special Guest Speaker:
Rev. Randy Patten
Randy Patten is the President of TEAM Focus Ministries, an organization that seeks to increase the discipleship effectiveness of evangelical Christians and churches through public proclamation of Scripture and private coaching. Previously he served 16 years as the Executive Director of Nouthetic Counselors (NANC), now called the Association of Certified Biblical Counselors (ACBC) since 1997. Prior to serving with NANC/ACBC he served 12 years as a pastor of a local church followed by 12 years as a pastor to pastors and consultant to local churches. He has been involved in training biblical counselors for 34 years, including 24 years at Faith Biblical Counseling Ministries, Lafayette, IN. He serves as a trustee of Cedarville University and was a founding board member of the Biblical Counseling Coalition. Randy was a contributor to Christ-Centered Biblical Counseling (Harvest House, 2012), Scripture and Counseling (Zondervan, 2014) and Biblical Counseling and the Church (Zondervan, 2015). He and his wife, Cindy, have been married for 45 years and have 2 grown children and 6 grandchildren. They are long-time members of College Park Church in Indianapolis, IN.
Pastor Terry Enns
Terry is the pastor of Grace Bible Church. Terry has over twenty years of pastoral counseling experience, and is a certified counselor with the Association of Certified Biblical Counselors (ACBC, formerly NANC). In addition to his preaching and pastoral duties at Grace, Terry maintains an active blog at Words of Grace.
Pastor Bryan Gaines
Bryan is Pastor of Family Discipleship at Grace Community Church in Glen Rose, Texas. He regularly teaches classes to encourage and equip parents, works in the Student Ministry, leads an adult Care Group, and oversees Grace Preschool. Bryan also leads Grace Biblical Counseling, LLC. He is certified biblical counselor with the Association of Certified Biblical Counselors (ACBC, formerly NANC).
Pastor Dan Kirk
Dan Kirk is the pastor of Calvary Bible Church in Fort Worth where he has served since 1994. He and his wife, Christine, have been married for thirty years and by God’s super-abounding grace have raised seven children. Dan is a graduate of Word of Life Bible Institute (N.Y), Tennessee Temple University, Dallas Theological Seminary, and The Masters University from which he received his Master of Biblical Counseling degree. He serves as the director of Calvary Biblical Counseling Ministries and Training Center, and is the vice president of the Fort Worth Biblical Counseling Association. He is also a certified biblical counselor and has been a member of ACBC since 2008.
Pastor Brent Osterberg
Brent is the senior pastor of Living Hope Bible Church in Mansfield, Texas. He is a certified counselor with the Association of Certified Biblical Counselors (ACBC, formerly NANC).
Dr. Keith Palmer
Keith is the associate pastor of Grace Bible Church. He oversees all of the counseling training at Grace Bible Institute, and is the director of Grace’s community counseling ministry, Granbury Biblical Counseling. He is also a Fellow (supervisor), grader, and board member of the Association of Certified Biblical Counselors(ACBC, formerly NANC).
Pastor Keith Christensen
Keith is the associate pastor of Calvary Bible Church in Ft. Worth, TX. Keith was raised in the Hill Country of central Texas. He became a Christian while attending Texas A & M University, where he also met his wonderful wife, Katie. After receiving training at the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, KY, Keith began working at Calvary in May 2015. The Lord has blessed Keith and Katie with four children.
The conference will take place over three weekends.
- September 11-12
- October 16-17
- November 13-14
Each weekend follows the same schedule:
- Friday – 5pm – 10pm
- Saturday, 8am – 5pm
- Early Bird Rate – $125 before Jul 1
- Regular Rate – $150 between July 1 – August 31
- Last Minute Rate – $175 – After August 31
Meals and Snacks:
Snacks & drinks will be served throughout the conference. A complimentary lunch will be served each Saturday over the three conference weekends.
What is ACBC?
For nearly 40 years, the Association of Certified Biblical Counselors (formerly known as NANC) has been certifying biblical counselors to ensure doctrinal integrity and to promote excellence in biblical counseling.